Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thai Marinade for Lamb or Chicken P 78 WWC

I made this dish for company on Monday, It was well receive.Being the mother of a spice shy family I made a couple of adjustments. I only used one tbsp of the red Thai curry paste,missed the cilantro and fresh mint as I had none on hand.
My coconut milk was actually coconut cream or so the can said and was maybe a bit richer than some milks.
I used chicken breasts,large ones cut into halves and it worked well
I did not marinate the full amount to time as I decided at lunch to make the dish.
I would make this again and I think I might try it in a crock pot with a roaster chicken. Not sure how the coconut milk would stand up, however I think it is worth a
try. The spice level was flavorful but not too much for the family.
I served this with hot roasted veggies, parsnips, turnips, yams, potatoes, garlic,
onions done in the oven with olive oil and spices.
I also did Pad Thai noodles, with I confess a bottled sauce as we were on at time line and I needed it done fast. It all worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment