CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP so I finally got around to trying the soup recipe and I did the tortillas. I even think I have figured out how to post pictures, Not the way you suggested Allison, no luck for the blond computer blogging novice. So here is the scoop. I was not impressed with the tortillas, even if I like them in restaurants. I guess I will never be a Paula Dean wantabee The deep fat frying thing was not great. Fan, on window open, had to light a candle to get rid of the smell. The fresh scent of the cilantro helped. None of the family was keen on the toritllas. my friend Jan stopped by and I gave her soup minus avocado cause that got gobbled up. She like the texture and crunch of the stips.
Barbaram don't bother frying the tortillas next time. Baste them with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and cut in strips about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide. Bake in a 350 oven until crisp.
They come out very crunchy and are way better than deep freid tortillas.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
ReplyDeleteso I finally got around to trying the soup recipe and I did the tortillas. I even think I have figured out how to post pictures, Not the way you suggested Allison, no luck for the blond computer blogging novice.
So here is the scoop. I was not impressed with the
tortillas, even if I like them in restaurants.
I guess I will never be a Paula Dean wantabee
The deep fat frying thing was not great. Fan, on window open, had to light a candle to get rid
of the smell. The fresh scent of the cilantro helped.
None of the family was keen on the toritllas. my friend Jan stopped by and I gave her soup minus avocado cause that got gobbled up.
She like the texture and crunch of the stips.
Barbaram don't bother frying the tortillas next time. Baste them with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and cut in strips about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide. Bake in a 350 oven until crisp.
ReplyDeleteThey come out very crunchy and are way better than deep freid tortillas.
I'm with you about the deep frying thing. Yuck!